Collingwood Fixture 2008

Collingwood Fixture 2008

Thursday, May 21, 2009

[AFL-Preview] Round 9


AFL PREVIEW ROUND 9

Last week 7/8 = 46/64 = 71.88%

Okay, so what is it about Kalgoorlie that I can complain about? No ADSL in the room, no connection to my 3 stick and no connection to the new Telstra 3G I purchased to fix the problem. We are in the bush I think.

This, folks will be a short preview, (thank heavens I heard you all say – the 5 of you that read the preview that is) as it is late and I have just returned from another mammoth truck trip around the mines in the area. By area I mean anything within 10,000 kms is a delivery point!!

Should have given you all 8 tips last week and for those who ignored the "upset" in the preview you would have got your 8 from 8. There are some tough choices this week so let's go.
 
Geelong V Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome Friday night

 Is this one of the few games that the Cats will lose this season? I think it's possible because Rocket has the ability to get the Bulldogs up for such a big ask. Having said that I am not recommending you pick against Geelong until about round 14 when they meet St Kilda. Chance of an upset but don't bet on it.
 
Geelong by 17
 

North Melbourne V Fremantle at Telstra Dome Saturday Arvo

 North somehow beat the power a couple of weeks ago but they sure got massacred by Geelong last week – as expected. For tipsters the question is do you give the Dockers a chance against any team playing away from home allowing for the fact that they beat Carlton at a neutral venue? I did say I wouldn't pick the Dockers any more but I am mellowing. They have a poor record at Telstra. This game could be the first draw of the season.
 
North Melbourne by 5
 

Adelaide V Carlton at AAMI Stadium Saturday
 
Another tough choice tipsters as the Crows tend to grow a wing at home. However, it's not a bad idea to stick with the Blues when they are on a winning role. If they give the Crows a 4 goal start in the first quarter they will find it tough to reel them in later. But, the Blues need to build on last week's practice game against the Pies.
 
Carlton by 22
 

West Coast V Collingwood at Subiaco Saturday Night
 
I purchased an Eagles membership so that I could go to this game then I transfer to Kalgoorlie. Go figure!? Maybe I knew something. Lockyer will not have happy memories of his 200th game methinks. Hopefully the Pies can find their way to the airport in order to get to the game!!
 
West Coast by 23
 

Richmond V Essendon at MCG Saturday night
 
If ever the Tigers were going to win a game this season after such an inauspicious start then this just might be it. The Bombers are playing irresistible footy though and really took it up to the Saints last week. I am reluctant to pick the Tigers but I am also as reluctant to pick Essendon. Are the Tigers actually playing better without Richo? Will they miss the skills of Cousins? With great trepidation and probably regret it's time for the Tigers to stand up and take the heat off Wallace for a lousy week or two don't you think? Another possible draw.
 
Richmond by 11
 

Sydney V Port Adelaide at SCG Sunday
 
I've just met my first Port Adelaide supporter in WA – he's hiding in Kalgoorlie. May he stay under cover after this game. Port may very well win this game, i think they have done well at the SCG previously. Another tricky selection but stick with the home team.
 
Sydney by 18
 

St Kilda V Brisbane Lions at Telstra Dome Sunday
 
While I believe the lions will be challenging they are simply not good enough to knock the Saints off the top of the ladder.
 
St Kilda by 39
 

Hawthorn V Melbourne at the MCG Sunday
 
Unfortunately it's another 'pat on the back' for the Demons for a good effort.
 
Hawthorn by lots


 ---------------------------------------------------------------

The AFL Preview is sent via an automatic email list. To join or leave the list is easy.

Please visit our website at http://www.footy.com.au/fts/newsletters.htm

OR

If you have difficulty with the above please email lists@footy.com.au

No comments: